As part of our welcome to you and your family, we’d like to give you additional information about our community (Farragut, Knox County & East Tennessee) and a House Warming Gift. Please text: 615-496-6783 or email: ADMIN@BrookmereCommunity.com to let us know a convenient time to stop by.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) – Depending on your needs, there are several ISP’s available to Brookmere residents. TDS and Spectrum are the main providers. If you’re looking for only data services (no TV, Landline or other), the least expensive and most effective package can be as low as $29.95/month.
Gas, Electricity, Water, Garbage – You likely have these services setup already. It may take a while to get the names straight on these.
· Knoxville Utility Board (KUB) – Natural Gas 865-524-2911
· Lenoir City Utility Board (LCUB) – Electricity 844-687-5282
· First Utility District of Knox County (FUD) – Water. Once a year you will see a $50 fee to conduct a back flow procedure for your irrigation system. 865-966-9471
· Garbage and Recycling Collection – managed by the HOA and the fee is part of your HOA fee. Call HOA Management if you have any issues. Trash is collected early Tuesday morning….early! Recycling - Collection occurs bi-weekly. Please note: glass recycling is not included in the service. Consider using one of seven Knox County recycling centers for bulk recycling.
Local Services (plumbing, irrigation, electrical, handy man, HVAC, lawn care, pet care, etc.). We’ve collected a list of vendors we’ve used in the past and can recommend them to you.
UNIQUE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT MOVING TO FARRAGUT
Fire Services - Unlike other municipalities, these services must be contracted for. Tax dollars do not fund a local fire station. Instead, residents must consider services offered by Rural Metro. When you decide to use Rural Metro, be sure to ask Mike Walker for the Brookmere Community discount. Also ask about Ambulance Services. Call: 865-371-7495
Police – Our protective services are provided by the Knox County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO). There is no Farragut Police Department. We participate in the KCSO Neighborhood Watch (NW) program. It is our feedback loop into police protection. Philip Jacobs (email@example.com) is the liaison for this important activity. https://knoxsheriff.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2021-Neighborhood_Watch_PDF.pdf
Weekly Engaged Community Committee Updates - Each Wednesday, we publish an informational Newsletter. It can help you stay current with what's happening in the community. It highlights many of the items below and so much more.
At Home and Poolside Gatherings - We have a tradition of having hosted gatherings throughout the year typically each Friday evening. It’s a wonderful opportunity to meet neighbors, make friends and enjoy great food & drink. It’s generally Pot Luck style. Please see our Calendar for the upcoming @ home Gatherings.
Community Calendar - We created a community Calendar and it's available under "Calendar" in the top bar of this page. There is a lot going in our neighborhood!
Social Media – We use GroupMe a free app, for broad community wide communications. It’s an opt in app that you can control. Some of the key features include: broad and individual messaging (DM), creating affinity groups, and it is good way to keep up with the vibe of the community. There is also a Brookmere Facebook page.
Neighborhood Directory – We have found it very helpful to have a visual presentation of where our residents live. The Directory has that rendering and it also has basic information. This is an opt-in directory that displays contact information. To ensure confidentiality of information, this is only available if you’re on our GroupMe app or a member of the Brookmere Community HOA.
NEWS YOU CAN USE & ENGAGING THE HOA
Our homeowner’s association (HOA) is now led by your Brookmere HOA Board of Directors (BHOA). Please look forward to our Weekly Newsletters from the BHOA....they're chock full of good information and insights.
If you have any concerns with the grounds to include the common areas, pool, streets or anything not specifically related to your home, reach out to: ADMIN@BrookmereCommunity.com
- Moving boxes. Break them down for Tuesday garbage collection. Boxes can be taken to one of seven Knox County recycling centers (3).
- Fencing. You will need to seek approval. Also, fences cannot tie into someone else’s fence, if you have a Maintenance Free (MF) lot. Manor lots are different.
- Lawn cutting. Common areas and MF yards are cut beginning Tuesdays.
- Irrigation control. We all have timers. If you don’t have a native rain monitor, you will want to examine ways to prevent irrigation when it’s raining. There are several solutions. Your HOA will manage the cut-off and winterization/installation of the backflow regulators for Manor and Maintenance Free Homes.
- General information: Marion Seaton (615-496-6783)
- Farragut Specific: Steve Krempasky (865-307-2486) or firstname.lastname@example.org
12009 Boyd Chase Blvd, Farragut, Tennessee 37934, United States